Values & Principles
Swift embraces the following values and principles.
- Biological and cultural diversity
- Resilient systems
- Community participation
- Food sovereignty
- Cultural autonomy
- Transparency and accountability
- Acknowledge and affirm the interconnected and holistic nature of addressing biological and cultural diversity.
- Recognize the connection between the presence of Indigenous Peoples and biodiversity in landscapes.
- Regard smallholder agriculture and agro-ecology as critical to addressing food security and climate change.
- Understand the value of sacred sites as critical to the maintenance and restoration of cultural values and the integrity of landscapes.
- Affirm the significance of connecting local level work with national, regional and international policy change.
- Support integrated approaches to problem solving and linkages between diverse programs, organizations and coalitions.